Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Catching Up

I regret that I have not posted since January 14, 2006. However, neither life nor the Harrisburg Giants season has been as neglectful. Both have relentlessly moved on. I just have not chronicled the happenings – happy/sad, joyous and moving, significant and lasting, ephemeral.

Here is a quick summary of some of the items that I have failed to report on here in the Harrisburg Giants blog:

The Death of Mr. Peterson

The election of 17 Negro League players and owners to the Hall of Fame

Bill Staffa’s production of an APBA compatible card set of Negro League Hall of Famers

Pennsylvania Black History Conference

10th Annual Harrisburg Senators Negro League Commemorative Night

“Hall of Famers in the Parking Lot”

Linkage to the Negro League Yahoo Group

118 games of Harrisburg Giant baseball

Upcoming Events include:

The culmination of the 2006-I Harrisburg Giant season, now through next week

The East-West Classic All-Star Series, June 13-17

The new 2006-II Harrisburg Giant season, opens July 3rd

9th annual Jerry Malloy Negro League Research Conference, Kansas City, July 7-9

Induction of 17 Negro Leaguers into the Hall of Fame, July 30th

2nd annual Lancaster Barnstormers Negro League Night, August 1st

10th annual Judy Johnson Night, Wilmington, DE, August 19th

I hope to recap a few of the events in the first list and to keep my hundreds of readers updated on the upcoming events a little more faithfully than I have since January. Happy Reading! Let’s play two!

No comments: