Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Most Humble Apology

I failed to post once in September and October. I know some of you checked often; and one housewife from Emporia, KS told me she checked daily. I ask her forgiveness and all of yours. While I may not have been posting I have not been dormant. When last seen the Harrisburg Giants had an 18-14 record and were about to take on Sandy Koufax and the LA Dodgers of 1965. Well, they did. They lost to both Koufax & Drysdale but came back to beat Koo Foo in his second start but lost the series. The Giants have continued their season and it has had great thrills. A perfect game was tossed by Geechie Corbett, now 17-3. Charlie has continued his torrid hitting - .343, 38, 127 through 136 games. Spot Poles, whose story will continue on this blog, is hitting .350 with 56 steals despite not winning a full-time job until well into the season. With a 68-69 current record, the Giants goal of 80 wins seems unattainable but a .500 season against this stellar caliber of opponent is still within reach. Please stay tuned.

No comments: